¼ of heat is lost through the roof in an under-insulated home.
Improving the insulation in the lofts of blocks of flats is a simple and effective way to reduce heat loss and heating bills; improving quality of life and increasing your residents’ satisfaction with your service.
The loft insulation we use is made from natural materials (rock and glass mineral wool) and is laid between and on top of the joists. This creates a barrier so that warm air is trapped inside the home. It is recommended that loft insulation is at least 270mm thick so that warm air is retained in your home effectively.
The insulation we use has a low environmental impact and is recyclable at end of life.
Warmer home in the winter, cooler in the summer
Reduced heat lost
Up to £110 per year saved on energy bills *
*source: Energy Savings Trust
At ECO Matters, we specialise in working with blocks of flats and apartments and managing the whole process of installing loft insulation. This starts with a short survey before the installation as well as all of the paperwork being completed on your behalf.
How we will work with you
Step One: Survey
Photos will be taken of:
- The heat source (usually an electric heater)
- Loft hatch
- The depth of the existing insulation
- The loft itself
- The outside of building
Your residents will be asked to sign two forms:
- A consent form that gives us permission to run a DWP check (this is the quickest and simplest way for us to ensure that the resident is eligible for the ECO scheme).
- A consent form that gives us permission to contact the local council to check the resident’s eligibility in case the DWP check doesn’t provide a clear or positive outcome.
Step Two: Installation
We will contact your residents to book the installation at a time that suits them. It will be carried out by one of our friendly team members who will leave no mess and every care will be taken to protect all fixtures, fittings and personal items.
The stages of the installation are:
- Loft clearance: we are happy to clear the loft if need be (just make us aware beforehand so that we can allocate more time)
- The insulation is laid
- Our installer will put up signs in the loft to note the insulation depth before and after the work
- New photos will be taken of the loft, the hatch and the new insulation depth
- You or your resident will be asked to sign a form that confirms the installation has been completed
Step Three: Technical Monitoring
A percentage of the work we carry out is checked by an impartial third party to ensure that high standards are being met.
If the property is selected for review your resident will be contacted and a mutually convenient appointment will be made for the installation to be checked over by an industry professional.
We will handle all the paperwork involved in applying for the necessary grants and will handle the install from start to finish with as much or as little contact with yourself as you would prefer.
The Energy Saving Trust has more information about the benefits of loft insulation if you’d like to do some further reading.